- It is hypocritical for churches to lie about their past
- It is hypocritical for churches to cover up their past.
- You interfere with someone's agency when you convince them to "choose" something based on incomplete or inaccurate information.
- A church should not feel good about converting people, if they don't tell them the Truth about their church.
- According to LDS doctrine, an uninformed choice is not a valid exercise of agency for which someone is held accountable (and conversely, for which they can be rewarded).
Apr 16, 2011
Churches should be honest about their past
Reasons to agree