- The Book of Mormon says that the Jews are the "principal ancestors of the American Indians", but they were not.
- The Book of Mormon mentions several animals, plants, and technologies for which there is currently no evidence in pre-Columbian history
- God would not send his message to humanity through a document that had serious historical problems.
- God would not send his message to humanity through a document that had no historical support.
Reasons to disagree
- There are some aspects of the Book of Mormon that support a literal historical interpretation.